Tuesday, August 31, 2010

.

Since you are male, I understand that you probably struggle visually. I know it's pretty much inevitable, but I HATE it with a passion. You have no idea.

One of a woman's deepest needs is to know that she is beautiful, and loved for who she is. Her husband, the one person who should know her inside and out, needs to be the one reinforcing this. Use your words to tell her she is beautiful, but know that she will also be closely watching your actions to see if you mean it. She needs to know that she is all the beauty you need - that she is beautiful enough to keep her own husband's attention. Prove it by not seeking your visual stimulation elsewhere.

I also HATE times a MILLION that there are women all over the place who know your weakness and will exploit it for all it's worth, flaunting themselves and putting on display what the rest of us are trying to keep sacred and special for you, our future husbands.
I HATE times a GAZILLION that I will always have to compete with these cheap floozies for your eyes, and that I won't always win.

Can I just say that I am incredibly encouraged whenever I notice my guy friends looking away during certain scenes in movies!? If you are one of those men, you deserve a standing ovation. Seriously. Guys like you are few and far between. Stay strong. We appreciate it more than you know.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I especially agree with you on that last paragraph--SO TRUE!!!

    ReplyDelete