Wednesday, September 1, 2010

APLBE

today i saw a man sitting alone in a restaurant.
he ordered an appetizer and a meal. with a beer to wash it down.
as he ate he was reading a book.

For some reason this greatly saddened me.
All i could think of was all those people who are waiting for the perfect someone to come into their life. Waiting for fate or destiny to sweep them off their feet with some hollywood version of love.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying we should all settle for anyone who will give us affection because we might not get another chance - that's not where I'm going with this at all. I simply mean to say that it's very clear to me that we have a skewed view of love, affection, and all things relational for that matter.

As much as I am terrified of making a wrong choice, I've learned the hard way that I don't ever want to be so scared that instead I take no risk at all. Safe is not in anyway shape or form better than sorry. So, I find myself at the pinnacle of the predicament: To find the place of not settling for someone who doesn't make your heart beat faster and your eyes sparkle, and waiting for a hollywood hero aboard serenity [ ;-) ].

Because I do NOT want to be sitting in a restaurant with nobody to share my day with over a nice meal and a grain belt. I do not want to be that 46 year old woman I know, who lives with her parents and doesn't have a job. Too scared to be out on her own, more lonely than she already is.

So babe, wherever you are, I'm praying to the Lord that He'll help me to trust Him. Because to be honest, some days it's easy to be afraid you'll never find me. And whatever life is throwing at you right now - good luck, and I'm rootin' for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment