Saturday, November 6, 2010

please speak well of me.

I don't know if I'm the only cynic who notices this or not, but I'm tired of the lame view of marriage and happiness our world shows us.

Marriage should be a joy. To find someone else to fuse together with and serve the Lord, that is a treasure. A treasure that should not be taken lightly, mocked, be looked down upon, or negelcted. It is a unique relationship unlike any other that takes a lot of hard work and selflessness. I guess I'm far from an expert being as I'm not married, but in my heart I know the Word gives us instruction to make a healthy loving marriage possible. If it wasn't, the Lord wouldn't have created it.

As I think all of the other Andalasians have alluded to or stated in past posts - the media and todays society has really messed with our views and interpretations of the whole guy/girl dating/marriage world. There are so many more lies and sinful twists that screw with our minds - so much so, that I think even as believers unbiblical and unrealistic expectations get intermingled with the truth. Of course I realize that just because you're a "Christian" it is NOT going to make your marriage all sparkles, bubbles and giggles. (I just had a horrifying mental image with that sentence btw... barf.) However, I do believe that the Lord has made a way so that even in this fallen world, we can have truly satisfying and joyful marriages.

A note of encouragement to the future spouses:
Exodus 20:17 (the message) "No lusting after your neighbor's house - or wife or servant or maid or ox or donkey. Don't set your heart on anything that is your neighbor's." Peeps, stop checking out other peoples spouses and craving what you don't have! I don't know how much more that could spell out d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r, but whether you are single, dating, or married - it's all the same. We must learn to be fully satisfied with who and what the Lord has given us!
(and yes, i did label that as encouragement, because it should be encouraging not limiting.)

A note to the wives:
Proverbs 12:4 (the message) "A hearty wife invigorates her husband, but a frigid woman is cancer in the bones."
Proverbs 12:4 (ESV) "An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones."
Proverbs 27:15-17 (ESV) "A continual dripping on a rainy day and a quarrelsome wife are alike; to restrain her is like restrain the wind or to grasp oil in one's right hand. Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."
Proverbs 31:10-12 (ESV) "An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts inher, and he will have no lack of gain. SHe does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.

Ladies, lets seek what it means to be Godly women. It will not only give you strength beyond your own ability, but it will encourage your husband to love you and help with the issue of lusting after the neighbor ladies. There will not be another close second if you give him the respect he deserves.

I could probably ramble on longer, but I fear this is longer than I had intended...

1 comment: