Saturday, May 28, 2011

this charming man

I wrote this a while ago and it's just been sitting here. I figured today it could still be of use to others - hopefully.

This post is going to be a little bit different. After writing and re-writing, I can't think of any other way to say this other than to make it sort of like a short journal entry. Which isn't what I wanted to do, but that's just how it needs to be I guess.

One thing I need to promise myself will always be a deal-breaker: how a guy handles messy and confusing situations. I will quickly lose trust and faith in him if he ducks and runs whenever trouble seems near. If he is too scared to admit an issue and discuss it - or heavens...FIGHT about it - I'm not so sure it will work. That's the real bummer of the problem, we can get along splendidly, you can flirt and compliment me until the sky turns purple, listen to the same music, share commonalities - but if you can't fight with me when the going gets a little tough...it was all for nothing.

I'm learning that someone can be charming, excel in their careers, and speak wonderful things, but if they're not rich in character and integrity...the rest is a just a cheap guise.


1 comment:

  1. Very, very true!
    Unfortunately, bravery and good character is never a default. Men have to try hard to be brave, just like women have to try to have grace (I mean that in the honorable sense of the world, not "gracefulness"). We all fail. That's why I think determination and resilience despite failure is a true sign of character. Guys don't have to be brave in the sense of plowing down bad guys.

    ReplyDelete